what is kite publisher

yash544
yash544 edited January 2018 in Kite Publisher
what is kite publisher used for, can it be used for streaming Ltp
  • tonystark
    tonystark edited January 2018
    From the docs:
    The Kite Publisher Javscript plugin lets you add one-click trade buttons to your webpage.
    You can't use it for streaming quotes. That requires Kite Connect App subscription.
  • Shaha
    Shaha edited January 2018
    Are there any publishers that do not use Javascript or need not be embedded on websites? e.g. If i plan to direct my wathsapp followers to click on a link to place the calls.. Is it possible? i can generate dynamic links if required. Pls suggest possible ways to achieve this...
  • Vivek
    @Shaha As given in documentation you can post to basket endpoint with your payload. So in your case you can create a unique endpoint in your server which will in turn posts to basket endpoint.
  • Shaha
    Thanks. Half way done. What exactly i m looking for is replacing publisher buttons with publisher links and do away with the javascript. In other words i m looking for below usecase workflow:

1) I send details of a trade to my followers in wathsapp group with a "click here to place this order" link.
    2) The user clicks on the link which then opens in its user mobile's browser...
    3) User login with his credentials.
    4) verify and place order.

How to implement this? Is it within scope of publisher? If not any alternative?
  • Vivek
    Vivek edited January 2018
    You need to have a server for this, with just Kite publisher you cannot do that since you need to post data to a endpoint. Your server will create a unique url which in turn post to Kite connect basket endpoint.