No. of apps

RP3436
My question is on a topic which has been deliberated no. of times in this forum but I still lack clarity. These are:
1) If I have different strategies for different instruments, say 3 distinct strategies each covering maximum of 10 distinct instruments - can I implement the same with one subscription? 2) Am I right if I understand that if I have 3 strategies , I can name them as different apps - under 1 subscription? 3) Do I need to have 3 api keys and 3 secret keys for 3 different strategies ? And therefore , I need to/can create 3 web socket instances?
If these are permissible , then what is the maximum number of connections that can be established with the socket? Three?
And what is publisher meant for?
Regards
  • Vivek
    You can use same api_key (one app) for running any number of strategies though user id will be same user linked to the app. Since we are in migration phase we haven't restricted number of websocket connections allowed but once we announce deadlines for new api migration we will announce the ratelimits for websocket also.
  • RP3436
    @vivek , sorry to bother you again. See, there is an option "Create New App" under My Apps - section. What does that mean? If I create a new app , can that be run simultaneously with other apps? And whether it will require separate/additional subscription or payment (Rs 2000/-)?
  • Vivek
    Yeah when you create a new app you pay Rs.2000 for that also but advantage you get is you can use different Zerodha client id's than your first app since one app is tied to one Zerodha client id.
  • RP3436
    Now clear. Thanks, you may please close the thread.
This discussion has been closed.