Error: user/user target not logged in

sabyasm
Hi Support team/ @Kailash,

Could you please explain the error message to me?

The automated job started (that use access token) started failing with the above error and the failure stopped once I logged in into kite from a browser.
  • Matti
    This happens whenever your session has expired. You just need to login once. You'll probably only see this if you don't re-login each morning.
  • sabyasm
    @Nikhil.A,

Does this mean - we need to do a separate login every day via https://kite.zerodha.com in addition to loggin in through the application via apikey?
  • Vivek
    @sabyasm We have fixed this issue, now all access token will be invalid on next day and you will be getting invalid token error.
  • sabyasm
    @vivek

Thanks! Could you please tell me the time on when exactly the validation window starts? Midnight, 7am, 8 am or market start?

I mean what is the maximum range of time window, an access token can remain valid?
  • Kailash
    @sabyasm The tokens are flushed at 8:15 AM.
  • sabyasm
    @Kailash

Thanks! Is there any rationale behind the timing for 8:15 AM? Curious if this can be scheduled earlier as well - say 7:15 AM? Also -- would you mind sharing the the high level solution of how you are planning to achieve a long standing access_token?

A long standing access token would really be great for app developers.
  • Kailash
    @sabyasm 8:15 is indeed a little arbitrary, but that's the window required for the series of processes (data updation) that happens in the OMS.

Once we have the long standing token, it should be valid for several days.
  • sabyasm
    @Kailash

If this is arbitrary timing, do you think, it will be possible to move the timing to say something like 6:30 AM or 7AM till a long standing token is implemented?
  • Vivek
    @sabyasm Our OMS EOD process ends around 8 only hence we set time according to that so its not possible to schedule it early.
  • sabyasm
    @vivek Got it. Thanks. This thread can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.