modify BO order

Guhan
Suppose I have placed BO order for 500 qty of a stock order_price = 200, stoploss = 195, target = 210, only 150 qty gets filled then

1. if I modify the first leg order which is partially filled, will the stop loss and target order get changed?
2. Will the modified order be submitted as new order to the exchange?
  • sujith
    @Guhan,
    If you modify first leg order, it will not change second leg orders since they are already placed.
    If you modify a partially filled then it will modify existing order, the system won't place another order.
  • Guhan
    @sujith,
    I see from documentation that it is not possible to send square off and stoploss value for modifying the order. So based on the example I have given, if I modify the buy price to 201 will the sl and tar changed to 196 and 211.
  • Guhan
    @sujith,
    also for the modified order the order_timestamp will get changed to modified time and exchange_timestamp will remain the same right?
  • sujith
    Yes, you can't modify stop-loss and square off values.
    You can modify price and trigger price of the second leg orders though.

Yes, order_timestamp is the OMS timestamp which will be updated for every modify request and exchange_timestamp will not be updated.
  • Guhan
    Guhan edited February 2018
    @sujith,
    just to clarify based on the example, If I modify the first-leg order buy price to 201, the stoploss and squareoff will remain as 195 and 210 correct?
  • sujith
    @Guhan,
    No, the stop-loss and square-off values are given in points and they are set those many points away from the price of execution and not based on the user entered price.
  • Guhan
    @sujith, I understand, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.