how to get real time minute level data using api

onkarmurthy_85
how to get real time minute level data using api i mean minute level OHLC and volume
  • sujith
    @onkarmurthy_85,
    You need to generate candles at your end. Check out this thread to get started.
  • onkarmurthy_85
    onkarmurthy_85 edited February 2018
    @sujith ,

i dont understand if user of api has to so many coding to get the minute, then whats the point of subscribing api framworks...without live data based on time having only placing orders doesnt help.

Please let me know the link where if there any pre written code to get the 1 minute data it will be helpfull
  • onkarmurthy_85
    @sujith when i am trying fetch historical data i get exception says permissionExcepton: please let me know why so
  • sujith
    You need an add-on subscription for using Historical data API. You can go to app details page on developers console and subscribe to it.
  • VIDANANTH2
    Hi Sujit,

If subscribe for add-on subscription, then can we get OHLC for 15mins/1 Hour information of the candles that ust got completed? Thanks.
  • sujith
    @VIDANANTH2,
    You can fetch candles of 15minutes and 60minutes. There will be some seconds delay in candle generation.
    The historical data API is provided for backtesting purpose only. We don't recommend using that for live strategies.
    For live strategies, you can generate candles at your end using live market data.