Wbesocket Closed Abnormally

RH1558
Hi
I was using websocket for 5 different stocks for my algo trading, 4 of them got executed neatly when they saw the right price points.
But at 9.17, my websocket for the JUL FUT ZEEL, I got a message that "2016-07-07 09:17:59 IST{GMT-4} INFO ZWebSocket:161 - ZEEL16JULFUT Closing Websocket for Closed abnormally."

Due to this I was not able to place the trade for ZEEL.

Can you kindly ensure that websockets dont close abnormally atleast during trading hours.
Else let me know if any issue from my side

Thanks & Regards
-Hrushikesh
  • Vivek
    @RH1558 Websocket can get disconnected for number of reasons such as intermittent network issues at your end or at our end so you should ideally have a reconnect mechanism when you get on_close callback.
  • RH1558
    Hi Vivek
    Thanks for the reply, apparently I was streaming for 5 stocks, so you suggest that for any stock if there comes this exception, then I should reconnect? Coz at the same time other 4 were running seamlessly.
    Today also the same thing happened, my websocket for CastrolIndia and Titan started together and suddenly TITAN stopped receiving data.
    Thanks
  • Vivek
    @RH1558 Its not subscription based but connection based. If socket is disconnected you have to connect again and resubscribe for all current subscriptions.