Invalid token or interval for continuous data

Guhan
Guhan edited March 2018 in General
kite.historical_data(instrument_token=ins_token,
from_date=from_date,to_date=from_date,
interval=interval,continuous=True)

@sujith, getting 'Invalid token or interval for continuous data' error, am I doing anything wrong?
I am trying to get data for equites
  • sujith
    Is this consistent issue? Can you let us know the params you are sending or enable debugging and paste the complete URL you are sending?
    I think you are sending continuous value as 1.
  • Guhan
    Guhan edited March 2018
    kite.historical_data(instrument_token=897537,
    from_date='2017-10-01',to_date='2017-10-30,
    interval='minute',continuous=True)

@sujith, I am regularly facing this issue, also today i am unable to get historical ohlc for above mentioned dates, also historical ohlc is not available for many shares in nifty500 range for year 2015
  • sujith
    @Guhan,
    You need to send continuous as false for equity data. You can check out documentation to know more information.
    We have minute level data for only a couple of years. We don't have data prior to that.
  • Guhan
    @sujith, couple of years means, from which year minute level data is available? I need to construct various time frame OHLC for back testing.
  • sujith
    We have intraday data for instruments from FEB 2015. Can you list out a couple of instruments for which you don't see data? I will check with data team and update the status.
  • Guhan
    Guhan edited March 2018
    @sujith, it is a huge list, I am subscribing for nifty500 shares, data is not available for 289 shares from 01/04/2015 to 30/04/2015