Historical API

sagarraut0007
I was trying to access historical API's and it giving me an error. while market is running sometimes it may
work but once the market is closed then it will start giving me following error.

Pathetic And Crap Historical API. waiting from months that this issue will resolved but nothing happened.
Worst Experience that i'm facing in Kite API. only option that i'm seeing right now, is to change the broker.

Error in C# -> The given key was not present in the dictionary.
And Debug Data ->

{"baseType":"RemoteDependencyData","baseData":{"ver":2,"name":"/instruments/historical/81153/5minute","id":"WpThXmad4sk=","data":"https://api.kite.trade/instruments/historical/81153/5minute?from=2018-01-20+20:28:59&to=2017-03-05+23:59:59&continuous=0","duration":"00:00:00.3440000","resultCode":"200","success":true,"type":"Http","target":"api.kite.trade","properties":{"DeveloperMode":"true"}}}
  • sujith
    @sagarraut0007,
    The historical data is provided for backtesting purpose only. We don't recommend using historical data for live strategies. You can generate candles at your end using live market data.
  • sagarraut0007
    cm'on this should not be an answer. but i want historical candles for my strategies. If they are only for back testing then why you guys charging them separately ?
    Tell me if this issue is not going to solve, then i need to change broker ?
  • sujith
    You must be getting the error since you are making a bad request. This is the response to the above-mentioned request URL,
    {
    "status": "error",
    "error_type": "InputException",
    "message": "`from` date cannot be greater than `to`"
    }
    You need to handle error.