Second leg not placed in bracket order

nickmanan
@sujith is it possible that second leg of the order don't get placed in bracket order ?
Also, recently in bracket order my target got reached but still stop loss order didn't got cancelled ?
If such things happen .. how should I create checks for that ?
  • sujith
    @nickmanan,
    Once a first leg order is executed/partially filled, second leg orders are placed. Because there was an issue in the system yesterday, second leg orders were missing.
    If you are exiting a bracket order, then you need to send order id, variety(bo) and parent order id. If you are doing this, then the system will ensure one is executed at market and other is canceled.
  • nickmanan
    @sujith it happened with me today as well ... What steps I can take If it happens again ?
  • nickmanan
    @sujith last week in bo my target order got executed but stop loss didn't got cancelled . Due to this my code tried to modify sl for more than 300 times.... Ideally stop loss should have got cancelled automatically....
  • sujith
    sujith edited March 2018
    @nickmanan,
    You need to send a cancel request with order id, parent order id and bo as variety. Can you let us know which Kite Connect client are you using and what version of Kite Connect API are you using?
  • nickmanan
    @sujith ,
    I'm using python and version of kite connect is 3.7.0