Unable to fetch WebSocket data for BHEL and few other futures contracts.

kiranja
The complete list is BEML,BHEL,GAIL,IDEA,IDFC,INFY,KPIT,NIITTECH,ONGC,ZEEL

I observe that all these are under BFO-FUT segment, while the rest of the symbols that fetch data are under NFO-FUT.
  • kiranja
    The problem is not restricted to only websocket data, even historical data api returns the error for the above symbols in futures segment.

{"status": "error", "error_type": "InputException", "message": "Invalid segment in instrument token"}
  • Kailash
    @kiranja BFO is not supported just yet.
  • kiranja
    If its not supported, how can i retrieve data for july futures contract of infosys, say INFY16JULFUT.
  • Kailash
    Are you fetching INFY - BFO data using the /instruments/ call? That may work as the data comes from the OMS.

However, BFO support on WebSockets and Historical APIs aren't functional yet.
  • kiranja
    No, even that doesn't work.

This is what i do:
    1) I call /instruments/ as i need instrumentToken for all the NSE futures contracts of the current month
    2) The instrumentToken is used to make historical api call. Example: for current month infosys futures, the token is 213214469. So the URL will be https://api.kite.trade/instruments/historical/213214469/day?api_key=xx&access_token=yy&from=2016-07-01&to=2016-07-29
    3) This works for all NSE derivatives except: BEML,BHEL,GAIL,IDEA,IDFC,INFY,KPIT,NIITTECH,ONGC,ZEEL
    4) This is making data inaccessible both on historical api as well as websocket.
    5) Somehow, these few entires got classified under BFO-FUT segment, they do not have alternate entries under NFO-FUT, this is causing loss of data.
    6) If these were illiquid futures contracts or just introduced one, i wouldn't mind, However, loss of data for well traded contracts like INFY,BHEL,GAIL,IDEA,ONGC,ZEEL is increasing the frustration.
  • Vivek
    @kiranja Token for INFY JUL future is 11238402, so can you please tell from where you are getting the token?
  • kiranja
    I got this token from the /instruments api, i had run it few weeks back, i was under the impression that the token does not change across months for same tradingSymbol, when i run the /instruments api again, i am able to see 11238402.
  • Kailash
    @kiranja It's possible for instrument_tokens to change. The right approach would be to sync with our instruments list every morning.
  • kiranja
    Thanks Kailash, we can close this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.