Usage of RTD Values

VenkateshV
@HowUTrade @botany02

I have few quick questions reg usage of RTD Values efficiently in KiteXL
1) Say if I use a same symbol in multiple strategies on different sheets, Do I need to subscribe quotes in each sheet? or define once and other places we just use GetRTD function alone? Pls clarify

2) Further if I am going to use identical number symbols across all strategies, instead using GetRTD method for getting RTD values on each Strategy sheet, can I define one time in strategy1 and group it as named range (E.g. NIFTY50_Stocks_LTP) in Name manager with scope to workbook, and use it across all other strategies?
Would this help anyway to reducing the excel calculation load? any pros and cons on this way?
or is there any other better efficient way you can think of?

Hope to hear from you
  • HowUTrade
    HowUTrade edited April 2018
    @VenkateshV

1. SubscribeQuotes needs to be called only once. So you can keep a separate master sheet where you have all symbols + SubscribeQuotes function.

2. Excel is very smart, even if you call GetRTD on same symbol + field on multiple sheets, excel just gets data only once and updates all sheets. So no need to use named-range/Lookup as GetRTD is fast enough.

You can safely call GetRTD on any number of sheets.

• VenkateshV
    @HowUTrade

Many thanks for update.
    Could you also throw a light on some other common Non RTD variables such as System time, Excel Open Date, System Time etc used across all the strategies sheets.

can i scope these variables to workbook and use it in all the sheets rather defining repeated variables on each sheet?

any XL calculation or update impact you foresee?