Spread Orders with Multiple Legs on Kite Platform

ravidparikh92
Hi All,

I am new to Zerodha Kite API based trading but I have a lot of experience in using PI and the online version of KITE.

I am trying to figure out if using Kite API , spread orders with multiple legs or Combo orders can be placed. I came across this post on this forum, but this seems to be 1 year old. https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/comment/4816/#Comment_4816

Is there a way to do spread orders with multiple legs

Regards,
Ravi
  • sujith
    Hi @ravidparikh92,
    Kite Connect doesn't support spread orders.
  • ravidparikh92
    I know Kite web trader does not. But if I need to place spread orders through Zerodha what are the options? Can Kite Connect APIs help? I saw a post that NEST does support Spread orders and I have questions on that too. But i know that this is not a relevant forum to ask NEST questions. So I will limit to Kite Connect and Kite Trade. Does Kite APIs give the flexibility for me write a code that can create spread orders such that the spread order is any leg of the spread order complete only if all the legs of the spread order can be completed?
  • Matti
    @ravidparikh92
    I'm afraid this isn't possible. While Kite Connect can be used to simulate spread order placement behaviour, there is no way to know which legs will/will not execute.
  • ravidparikh92
    Alright, I understand that I cannot make custom spread orders. But what about spread order that are offered by the exchange?? Like in NSE Bond futures? Can I place them by Kite or Kite API?
  • sujith
    Kite web and Kite Connect use the same instrument master. So if it is not possible on Kite web then it is not possible on Kite Connect APIs also.
  • ravidparikh92
    Yeah I understand that. My question is about the spread orders that the exchange has initiated on its own. For example "https://www.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/irf/contract_specifications.htm"

This interest rate future spread order should act like a normal product. Will this be available in Kite connect?

• Matti
    Yes, these symbols are available. You can place normal orders on these instruments.
  • prateek123
    Hi - are spread orders available using kite API now? Given that they can be executed via sentinel platform as well.
  • sujith
    @prateek123,
    Sentinel uses, Kite Publisher, you can use that. You can check out more information here.