Maximum ticker limit exceeded for Subscribe Quotes.

VenkateshV
@HowUTrade
i get below error when i wanted to get subscribed quotes for BSE Cash Symbols
"Maximum ticker limit exceeded. Current limit is 500. Try unsubscribing some symbols"
Upon reading the Kite API 3.0 Documentation, i did notice that max symbol limit of 500 for full quotes.
However i just need OHLC,LTP Quotes alone(Not Full Quotes) for near about 225 BSE Cash Script symbols.

Pls advise a workaround.
  • VenkateshV
    @HowUTrade
    Sir initially i thought i was exceeding 500 sysmbols, however in reality it not and further my obervation is,
    For any BSE Symbols i get this error message, to double confirm, i deleted all the existing sysmbols and unsubscribed all the existing sysmbols and tried to subscribe only BSE Sysmbols, even then i get the same error. just for your information.
  • HowUTrade
    HowUTrade edited April 2018
    @VenkateshV

Deleting a symbol in a cell doesn't automatically remove it from KiteNet market watch.
    You need to call UnSubscribeQuotes on each symbol you want to remove and make sure you are not calling SubQuotes on the same symbol somewhere in the excel workbook (loop).

KiteNet market watch symbols are stored in text file TickerListKiteNet.txt
    which can be found in 'My Documents' in case of excel or in the app directory in case of custom application. You can check the above text file to know how many stocks you subscribed.

This limitation is applied by KiteNet and can be dynamically changed from our end.