scenerio of orderid gets issued , but when retreiving orderid not found -

sudhirshettyk
Hi ,

This is serious if it is true , need your clarification to help us handle these in our system design .

In the thread "Order Placement Errors 9:00 am to 9:05 am" , i see the user "razcads" says an order-id gets issued , but when he queries it he gets the response saying order id not found .

Do you agree that this can happen ? If this is happening it is a serious issue of data-integrity at your end and our system designs gets all the more complicated.
Please help me understand what is the scenerio that can lead to this so that i can try and see how do i handle this in my system design. Is it that you totally lost the record in this case or it was a lag ?
one scenerio i can think this happening is , you generated a order id , respond back to requestor , next commit to database . If commit to database has a significant lag this could happen .
Is the issue identified and fixed or can it happen again ?

-- reference from the mentioned thread -
Thread title : "Order Placement Errors 9:00 am to 9:05 am"
razcads February 16 Flag
Happens for orders placed at 09:00 am. Happened today as well. 180216000015312 .

Situation is like this - I place order using order_place, get order_id and then when I try to retrieve the order to see if it has been executed I get this error - it cant find the order id!

Regards,
Sudhir
This discussion has been closed.