How to get Circuit Limits using kite API?

harikongu
How to get Circuit Limits using kite API? How to know if a stock reached its Circuit Limit today?

I found an old post as below:
https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/818/circuit-limits
  • sujith
    It is on our list, we are exploring different sources to get this data.
  • chandrak
    What happened to this? After long time I have started using API. Everything was fine but now NSE has removed one CSV file which was having price band information.. did you add this into kite api yet?
  • sujith
    You can check out the quote API for circuit limit data.
  • chandrak
    this is confusing.. issue here is that how to determine percentage 10,20 etc from the uppercircuitlimit field. If I run my software AFTER market close than I cant use open or close price to dererming % of circuit. If I use BEFORE market opens still, I have close price at the hand, but that also wont give accurate limit of circuit bands. This will work only during live market. Instead of giving limits in figurees, you should give it in % terms. figures would difer every day! this is simple standard to give circuit limits in % terms instead you are making it complicated and error prone!
  • chandrak
    Also why cnat you provide some indication to filter FNO stocks? many softwares must be having logic to work on circuit limits as well as FNO stocks! NSE file is now not accurate and seems they are not maintaining it where it was giving circuit limits in absolute % terms and clear field of "No Band" for FNO stocks! Why do we need to scrap other sites for such basic information!
  • sujith
    Unfortunately, the exchange sends values in the form of absolute values and not the percentage values. We just pass on whatever data we get. We don't do any calculations or modifications to the live market data received by the exchange.
  • chandrak
    :/ again will face issue because NSE closing old sie and new sie does not have the list where price bands are menioned.. it is going to be a major issue for me... there are 1500+ stocks.. I am clipping out 5% and 10% stocks to make list managable in trading analysis.. :'( my bot is for inraday and there are atleast 40+ clients are using it. this limitation will kill the software. All of they are having kite API subscription. Pls have some way to add ciruit limits in % terms in GetInstruments() API. Intraday in 5% circuit stocks is suicide.