Getting the LTP value on the basis of Range Selected in Renko Chart.

bhumi
bhumi edited May 2018 in PHP client
Hi,
I am creating the algorithm for order placing according to the Renko Chart. As we are getting LTP value for NSE at the difference of 0.05 (i.e. 1213.65, 1213.70, 1213.60). But I need ltp value according to my input, like If I input 0.02, then the value will come like 1213.62, 1213.64, 1213.66, And If input is 0.07 then the ltp value will come like 1213.07, 1213.14, 1213.21 etc.

I am using following URL to get the ltp.

https://api.kite.trade/quote/ltp?api_key=XXXXXXX&access_token=XXXXXXX&i=NSE:INFY

If you suggest any change on the above url then that will be better.

Please guide.
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2018
    Hi @bhumi,
    Kite Connect is purely an execution platform. We don't provide any support or solution for writing strategies.
  • bhumi
    Hi @sujith, I am asking for ltp value variation. Means, Is it possible that KITE API returns the value according to the user requirement with particular decimal value.
    Currently by using following URL, it returns the value of 0.05 round off like 1213.60, 1213.65, 1213.70

https://api.kite.trade/quote/ltp?api_key=XXXXXXX&access_token=XXXXXXX&i=NSE:INFY

I require the ltp value according to the user input 0.02, 0.03, 1.00 round off value.
  • sujith
    The LTPs are streamed by the exchange and it can move only in multiples of tick size.
    We don't modify data.
  • bhumi

Please refer the attach screen and see the OHLC value of 0.02 round off.

If it is streamed by exchange how you all manage to show this data.
  • Matti
    @bhumi This is a Reko chart. Renko bricks are formed based on price movement independent of time and tick size. The brick size is always fixed.
  • bhumi
    Hi @Nikhil.A, As you said Brick Size is fixed. But, we can manage brick size by setting range value.

So, I don't think that brick size is fixed it must be dependent on the range which we have selected for the Renko Chart.
  • Matti
    Matti edited May 2018
    Yes, but the price stream is always in multiples of 0.05. So, if you set the brick size of 0.02, 2 bricks will be formed per tick. The third brick will form completely when there is a second tick. There's a huge difference between plotting a graph and actual numbers!

So, in conclusion, it is not possible to obtain prices that are not multiples of 0.05 because such data packets don't exist!