received order updates were inconsistent on 19th June

ruchanavjyot1907
Team,

We have observed some issues with order updates received on socket on 19th June. i.e. we received order updates correctly for many orders but for few orders, no order updates received on web socket. Below are some sample orders given for which order updates were inconsistent.

Order ID: 180619000911716
Issue: Received only initial update (TRIGGER PENDING) when it hit exchange, but no further update on execution/fill received on socket.

Order ID: 180619000992346
Issue: No single update received on web socket for this order.

Can you please check if there was any issue with order acks/fills yesterday (19th June 2018) around 11:30 to 12:30 IST?
  • sujith
    We can see logs of the relay for 180619000911716 and as you mentioned it was for TRIGGER PENDING status.
    For the same order, there are no other logs and there are no logs for 180619000992346 also.
    This means at the time of relay Kite Ticker couldn't find the websocket connection of the client.

We haven't observed any issue on 19th June.
    Have you enabled reconnection? Do you have logs of reconnection there at that moment?
    Is this something you observed yesterday or this has been happening intermittently?
  • ruchanavjyot1907
    @sujith As you said kite ticket couldn't find websocket connection but I can see ticks were being received at my side (without any connection error in logs) during this time. I guess ticks were working fine means socket connection was OK.

How can we identify what went wrong here exactly? At your end, are ticks and orders sent on socket by different controllers/threads? Is it possible that only order updates feeding controller lost connection with socket? Can you please check and let me know.