redirect URL not received.

gobrainers@gmail.com

I invoked the the online API - kite = KiteConnect(api_key=apikey) by passing the apikey for my APP. i am expecting the token in my redirect URL configured in my API. But i am not getting redirection.

But if I try the same manually by login through the https://kite.trade/connect/login?api_key=xxx by passing the key in api_key - it gets successfully redirected to my URL. Can you please check and advise.
  • Vivek
    @gobrainers@gmail.com . It's just like any other oauth like applications such as Facebook and Google auth obtaining request_token is a manual process which is done in browser. Once you get the request token you invoke python client with request token to get access token once and then use the obtained request token for subsequent requests.
  • gobrainers@gmail.com
    Hi Vivek - I tried your approach where i got request_token through manual process done through browser and then invoked the python client with request token to get access token. After this - I invoked kite.holding() and getting the following error:

InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
    InsecureRequestWarning)

is there something that i am missing?
  • gobrainers@gmail.com
    can anyone reply to my query? its been three days we could not connect..thanks.
  • Vivek
    @gobrainers@gmail.com It's a warning which you can safely ignore. But have you received any response for the holdings call?
  • sameer
    sameer edited August 2016
    Is request_token issued only once (and never gets invalidated) in lifetime like api_key and api_secret ?
    Should process of request_token be done only once like process of getting api_key and api_secret
  • Vivek
    @sameer request_token expires in 5 minutes after its generation and also once its successfully exchanged to get access token. Ideally you should generate request_token only when your previous access_token is invalidated or to initiate first kite session.
  • gobrainers@gmail.com
    I did not get any response from my holdings. Got null response. I have holding in my account. any suggestions to try?
  • Vivek
    @gobrainers@gmail.com Please pm me your code and will get back to you.