Order Status

yousuf
yousuf edited August 2018 in Java client
Hi @sujith

Here is the order history of a rejected order,

order id = 180801001366452 status = PUT ORDER REQ RECEIVED, exchange order id = null -exc time stamp =null
order id = 180801001366452 status = VALIDATION PENDING, exchange order id = null -exc time stamp =null
order id = 180801001366452 status = OPEN PENDING, exchange order id = null -exc time stamp =null
order id = 180801001366452 status = REJECTED, exchange order id = 1100000000310418 -exc time stamp =Wed Aug 01 12:27:43 IST 2018

Could you please give me the list of statuses, the whole list, (which can be returned as part of order history)
And also, this order was rejected because I put the futures quantity for nifty futures less than 75, the exchange order id is still generated, (it went through validation)
another question is, if i get an order id back, am i also guaranteed to get the exchange order id? is the exchange order id from nse exchange.?

thanks.
  • yousuf
    @sujith , please confirm that for every orderid row from order history, the status is a non-null value.
  • Imran
    PUT ORDER REQUEST RECEIVED Order request has been received by the backend
    VALIDATION PENDING Order pending validation by the RMS (Risk Management System)
    OPEN PENDING Order is pending registration at the exchange
    MODIFY VALIDATION PENDING Order's modification values are pending validation by the RMS
    MODIFY PENDING Order's modification values are pending registration at the exchange
    CANCEL PENDING Order's cancellation request is pending registration at the exchange
    AMO REQ RECEIVED Same as PUT ORDER REQUEST RECEIVED, but for AMOs

2. "order got rejected .. but went through validation.."
    rejected orders can have order id
  • sujith
    I have forwarded the missing lot size validation scenario to the concerned team.
    If you get order id while placing an order, it means order placement is successful. It doesn't guarantee the execution. You need to fetch orderbook and check for status to know the details of the order.

If you see the exchange order id then it means the order has reached the exchange.
    It is not possible that an order exists in the system without order id. But is order doesn't reach exchange, it can be null.

There can be many intermediate statuses. You can refer to a couple of orders and find the common list of order statuses. The whole control is at the OMS and Kite Trade doesn't have control over the order statuses.
    You can go through documentation for a typical order history example.
  • yousuf
    yousuf edited August 2018
    Thanks Imran, !

do you have statues for orders that have executed trades.

thanks again.