incorrect volume data for ticks received through web sockets.

samba
Hi,
My app subscribed to Web Sockets(java API) to receive tick data . every minute i am consolidating the ticks to form the minute candle. I can see the volume is not matching with the actual volume represented in Kite/NSE for that minute.... There is a huge difference if the volatility is more during that time frame.

Does the ticks received through websocket will have the correct volume or not??? .

• rakeshr
    @samba
    We do not do any modification in WebSocket stream,it is relayed as received from the exchange.
    Don't compare live date with nse website, as same is delayed by 2-3 minutes.
  • samba
    No, i am not comparing the live data with NSE. After forming 1min candles, I am getting the history data for that minute and doing comparison. There i can see lot of difference in volume... I will share one example by logging the ticks as well as history data for the same minute.
  • zegulas
    Hello team,

Here is a screenshot of the difference in volume for tick data vs 1 min candle data.
    https://ibb.co/wRB9jgy

• rakeshr
    Is this volume for that specific tick received? or commutation of ticks received within that minute.
  • zegulas
    zegulas edited December 2023
    it is the sum of all the volumes of ticks in that particular minute for that particular symbol.
  • rakeshr
    We use the same ticks/websocket stream to form candles. Make sure, you are correctly aggregating volume. And use Volume traded for the day field to calculate the total volume within that time range(minuteEndVolume - minuteStartVolume).