Not receiving Full Data

dhavalp
Hi

I was working with V1 Websocket API of Kite. I see I am still able to login using v1. I have an old app which I am trying to run now. Based on the change log details I have already modified the url from websocket (old one) to ws.kite.trade

The problem I am facing is that I am not getting any quotes. I am not getting any data either. Is it because the # of old attributes and the new ones are different? (Note I Don't need the new variables in my system) Is it compulsory to call the new variables or its OK to use the old ones as the byte sequence has not changed?

If someone can help. If you need more clarity please feel to ask.

Thanks

Tagged:
  • sujith
    Old APIs are deprecated, we recommend using the new websockets API.
  • dhavalp
    You did not get the point. I have already pointed to the new API url but the new API Quote packet structure is different compared to the old one. New packet structure contains some new variables which I don't need. So my question is it compulsory to add those new variables even if they are not required? My work is done in the first 10 variables whose byte sequence in the old API and the new API is the same.
  • sujith
    If you don't need it then you can skip it. But you might have to take a look at new packet length and split each packet according to that.