Problem with billing. Date of expiry is being reduced every time by 1 day when manually extended.

gaurav_ch
I have been extending my subscription manually and every time I do that, my date of next month expiry reduces by 1 day. Very strange. Today I saw my dashboard stating 9th December as the expiry date, and I manually clicked on extend button today 8th December, the next date of expiry became 8th January instead of 9th January. It happened last time also. I started my subscription on 10th September with 10th October as expiry date but on 9th October I extended manually and the date became 9th of the next month. When the subscription is auto renewed, the date of expiry does not change.

Why are the users being penalised by reducing the days? Please check your code for bugs. I do not expect this from dev team of zerodha.
  • sujith
    Hi @gaurav_ch,
    The subscription is extended by 30 days from the day of activating it. In a month with 31 days, you will see the date reducing by one day and in a month with 30 days, you will see the expiry happening on the same day of the month.
  • gaurav_ch
    Phew. Thanks @sujith for the clarification. Put a tooltip below the date stating that it is per 30 days and not month as per month means that days are accounted for automatically. Almost all SaaS apps bill based on month and not days so it leads to confusion.
  • sujith
    @gaurav_ch,
    Sure. We will inform the concerned team to take a look at this.