Feature Request

kabraanurag90
1. Fetching multiple Instrument quote in one api call (you can limit it to 20-50)

2. Make quote fetching available with the public_token as it does not involve any user's personal data related to portfolio or order.

3. Margin required for each stock in intraday / F&O span margin and Normal margin. (Or you can give list of all and we can store them for everyday)

4. Brokerage calculator API
  • sabyasm
    Fantastic suggestions. May I add:

5. the ability to pass an array to kite.orders() call.Currently kite.orders() fails frequently with OMS Timeout in case number of orders (completed + pending) are more than 70-80. Even though the actual orders are far less ~ 30 the pending orders of BO/CO causes this issue.

A workaround is calling kite.orders(orderid=XXXX) but in that case calling the api so may times with individual orderids will be inefficient. is it possible to add the ability to pass an array to kite.orders call?
  • Vivek
    @kabraanurag90 @sabyasm

1. We are working on it, its a OMS api limitation so soon we will implement this on our own.
    2. Again since its a part of OMS we need access_token unlike our streaming server.
    3. This feature is almost ready will be released next week.
    4. We will consider this request.
    5. We are working on our own API integration with OMS directly. Once that releases you can expect drastic improvement in reliability and speed.
  • sabyasm
    @vivek

5. My suggestion was to have a generic way to get several order details in a single call rather than gathering the whole kite.orders() call. Do you think this can be accommodated anytime in the future?
    6. Similar to (5) -- but an ability to exit all/many open positions in a single call. I believe this feature will be very useful for many api users. For example: I have 20 long positions and 30 short position and depending on some market movement I would like to exit all the long positions. The current way to do this is calling order.cancel() for 20 times. A batch operation - so that the order.cancel(orderid=[array]) would be highly appreciated by many I think.
  • Vivek
    @sabyasm We don't have OMS level api to fetch multiple order details. We either have to abstract it in our end by sending multiple calls which is not so reliable. If one request fails we have to keep a state and retry before giving the response.

Its similar problem for sending batch orders also we have to send multiple orders and its prone to failures. I think once we get our own C level api wrapper for OMS these things will be possible.
  • kabraanurag90
    @vivek @Kailash
    One more request

I want the list of nifty50, nifty next 50, nifty it, sensex30 stocks (basicalley segment wise which I think exchange provide). Can you create some API for it. As I need the segmentation for creating an app.

Also is there any relation between (nifty future , nifty calls/puts of same month) if you have that mapping like moneycontrol. If I select nifty , it shows me nifty futures of next month , call/puts of nifty. So basically all nifty things under nifty (live/f&o) similarly for stocks (Airtel nse/ airtel bse / airtel fututures / airtel options) so I can select all simultaneously make them a segment for my app.

• Vivek
    Vivek edited September 2016
    @kabraanurag90 You can call instruments api with exchange to get only scrips trading on given exchange - https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#market-and-instruments

For example:

NSE eq scrips - /instruments/NSE
    NSE F&O scrips - /instruments/NFO
    MCX scrips - /instruments/MCX