Getting too many exceptions in historical data.

gaurav_ch
gaurav_ch edited December 2018 in PHP client
I am trying to get historical data for Nifty 50 companies between 1st Sep 2018 to 15th Sep 2018 and I am getting too many exceptions at arbitrary places.

I am getting this exception throw new DataException("Couldn't parse JSON response"); a lot and it is very irritating. What is the solution to this? I am using php version of your kiteconnect library.
Tagged:
  • gaurav_ch
    OK, so I ditched fetching data using your kiteconnect library and switched to CURL based solution. That helped. I don't know why you guys have not given an option to download the data as a csv file or send the link to download the csv file at a later time. This approach will reduce the burden on your servers. Just run a job at a later time and send the link to download the csv file on email to the developer.
  • sujith
    @gaurav_ch,
    We are not allowed to give a dump of data on dropbox/google drive, there are regulations around it.

If you are not happy with the historical data provided by us then there are two alternatives, one is to generate your own candles data using the live market data provided via websockets or contact any of the exchange registered data vendors.
  • gaurav_ch
    Yes, I will not be renewing my historical data api next month.
This discussion has been closed.