Place basket order/multiple order via pykiteconnect i.e. zerodha library for python in 1 request

prateek3211
prateek3211 edited September 2019 in Python client
Hi Team,
How can I place multiple orders in 1 call using kites api python implementation.
I was searching on kites forum & came across something called "basket order" but unable to find it's implementation in python library.
Currently I am using place order in python which places 1 order only
  • sujith
    The basket orders feature is only for Kite publisher. The API clients still have to loop and send individual orders. This is to ensure that the client system could know the status of each order placement as our system also places individual order at the OMS.
  • Souvick
    @sujith if we place the orders using loop, can we still get the margin benefits? e.g. I want to place below basket:
    Buy 1 quantity of Nifty CE 17450 March 23
    Buy 1 quantity of Nifty PE 17500 March 23
    Sell 1 quantity of Nifty CE 17500 March 23
    Sell 1 quantity of Nifty PE 17450 March 23

If I check on the margin calculator tool, it shows the margin benefit. I am getting total (initial and final) margins using kite.basket_order_margins function.

Will I get the margin benefits if I place these four orders in sequence?
  • themohammedfaisal
    Hi @Souvick ,

Yes, you will get margin benefit for the sell legs in this basket if you get instant fills to your buy legs which is the case most of the times.
This discussion has been closed.