Changes to /orders API (GET, POST) - Tagging feature

Kailash
Kailash edited October 2016 in General
We're releasing a new feature, order tagging, which will go live on the Monday, 24th October 2016. It allows you to send a custom identifier along with every order (max 8 char alphanumeric string), which is useful for classifying and tagging the orders you place.

- The /orders end point (POST) method will start accepting the tag parameter.
- The entries in the response for order retrieval (/orders GET) will have a new field added to the JSON, `tag`.

This should not affect your existing implementations, but just to be sure, please make sure that your JSON parser can deal with the new "tag" field that will appear with each order entry.

PS: You will need to update your Python client on the day of release so that the placeOrder() method accepts the new tag parameter.
  • suraj
    Hi @Kailash, Thanks for the update. Order Place doccumentation Here is not updated.
    How can I add the tag argument?
    Shall I just add another argument like this tag="identifier"?
    I don't want to tag my orders with identifier. Is tag argument mandatory?If yes,Is it ok if I pass a blank string to tag argument?
  • Vivek
    @suraj Its an optional param and you don't have to modify your code unless you would like to use it. By default tab will be null in your orders response if you don't set it.
  • Kailash
    @suraj The API is being released on the 24th of Oct. Docs will be updated then.
  • hanzo
    i need to put in trades for pre-open auction for monday. how can i do that if you are releasing the code only on monday?
  • Kailash
    The particular feature is being released and it should not affect anything else.
  • hanzo
    let me clarify. my python script puts in trades during pre-open auction.

you are saying the signature of the functions changed, and the updated code will be released on monday.

how am i supposed to download the new kiteconnect python and change my script for pre-open monday?

you should release your changes after friday close atleast.
  • Kailash
    @hanzo The signature of the function changes in the new version but the old version will continue to work. The new 'tag' parameter is optional.
  • hanzo
    so i don't need to update the kiteconnect python module?

• Vivek
    @hanzo you may need to if you like to use order tagging feature but everything else should work fine if you don't update the client.
  • unawatuna
    unawatuna edited October 2016
    @vivek @suraj | What's the update on the 'tag' feature ? Also, if the documentation can't be updated, could you at least specify here how the updated syntax will look.
  • unawatuna
    unawatuna edited October 2016
    @Kailash Hi, thanks for the prompt update. Id like to notify for the help of others too, this updated document is only showing the updates on Internet Explorer not on chrome as a browser.
    Also, the Example request is not showing the tag feature. This is all it shows even on the IE browser:

curl https://api.kite.trade/orders/regular \
    -d "api_key=xxx" \
    -d "access_token=yyy" \
    -d "tradingsymbol=ACC" \
    -d "exchange=NSE" \
    -d "transaction_type=BUY" \
    -d "order_type=MARKET" \
    -d "quantity=1" \
    -d "product=MIS" \
    -d "validity=DAY"

As per my understanding, will it be something like:

curl https://api.kite.trade/orders/regular \