WebSocket Response when I subscribe 10 Instrument

dhavalsoni2001
How will I get the response if I subscribe 10 Instrument and 4 Instruments LTP get updated?

1) Should I get all the 10 Instrument value OR
2) Should I get the array of updated values only?
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    @dhavalsoni2001
    For the first response post WebSocket connection, you will receive tick for all trading instruments, but post that you will receive ticks only for instruments with the change in any WebSocket field.
  • getschwifty
    I subscribe to just one instrument, NIFTY (256265) and have noticed that the socket output skips seconds often, for example it goes from 11:59:59 directly to 12:00:01.

Does this mean that the price at 11:59:59 and 12:00:00 were same? Also this messes with the idea that the last second of a minute is the closing price and the end of the first second of a new minute is the opening price of a 1 min candle.
    And no I am not running anything inside the tick function. Its straight from the api docs webscoket example.
  • rakeshr
    @getschwifty
    have noticed that the socket output skips seconds often, for example, it goes from 11:59:59 directly to 12:00:01.
    Yes, you won't receive tick, if there is no change in any of the WebSocket field, as per subscribed mode.
    Does this mean that the price at 11:59:59 and 12:00:00 were same?
    Yes
    Also this messes with the idea that the last second of a minute is the closing price and the end of the first second of a new minute is the opening price of a 1 min candle.
    Close of that minute candle, will be whatever be the price at last seconds candle, irrespective of it being the same for last n seconds. The same follows for the open price of candle as well.