How to control Tick Data specially when APIs are called like getPositions(), placeOrder(), etc

solankiz
I know that the ticks are continuous data. I am using Node Js Kite API. I found issue in the case when I call asynchronous APIs like getPositions(), placeOrder().

The main issue is below :

As the tick data is coming in continuous flow. When I try to call getPositions() or placeOrder() after my condition satisfy, the new tick data arrives before the completion of getPositions() or placeOrder() APIs or sometimes getPositions() or placeOrder() got called 2-3 times continuously.

The main thing is that the flow of calls should be proper i.e. ticks -> getPositions() ->placeOrder() , then, ticks -> getPositions() ->placeOrder(), then, ticks -> getPositions() ->placeOrder() and so on..

I need help on this.
1. Is there any way to control tick data like using setInterval() ? I tried , but not succeeded.
2. I also tried to implement Javascript Promise and Async/Await, but not worked.

Thanks in advance.
  • solankiz
    Hi, @sujith Could you please help on this.
  • sujith
    I would suggest caching positions and calculate p&L instead of pulling every time.
    Anyways, you will have tick data coming frequently.

Another thing is, use some kind of lock mechanism like useTicks, a boolean to process or block processing.