Percent change for previous day before current day market open

prasad_n_k
Hi,

How can I calculate the percent change for previous day before market opens for today ? I want to get percent change for list of stocks. Any API method I can call directly to get this data ? I can get previous day's OHLC before market open but not the percent change.
  • sujith
    You can refer to this thread.
  • prasad_n_k
    Hi sujith,

I did refer to the thread before posting this query. It does not satisfy my requirement. I need to get the percent change for yesterday for any of the stock. This information we can see in Kite UI if I refer to yesterday candle but is there a way I can get the information through API ?

I guess only option left with me is store day OHLC data in DB and then calculate yesterday % change = (((yesterday close - day before yesterday close)/ day before yesterday close) * 100... if there is no API method which gives me data directly
  • sujith
    You mean to say you are looking for T-2 and T-1 close price for your calculation?
  • prasad_n_k
    Hi Sujith, not the closing price itself ( which I can get it anyway by storing them in db for each of the day) but getting percent change for yesterday by any API method... anyway, I have got it working by storing closing price for each of the day and using above percent change formula I mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.