Technical queries to integrate algo systems in my account

KrishnakantB
Hi
This is Krishnakant, I run a small investment firm and i intend to use the Kite connect API platform for my work to increase the efficiency. I got in touch with one of my developer friend. He has few technical queries before working on the project. Request you to clarify the same.

Below are the queries
-If we build the system via API, how will we do the testing? Will Zerodha provide some testing platform for testing?

-Security search will be like the actual system through the APIs. E.g. If I am searching Infosys and type In then the relevant option should come to select from like in the actual system. Please confirm.

-Once the order is executed in Zerodha which was placed through our system via triggers, will we get any notification email/sms in that case?

-Will there be any option to delete/modify the triggers/orders after setting up via APIs ?

-Multiple account support - We have 3 accounts with Zerodha, can we trade via any of the 3 accounts after developing our own system? What configuration parameters we need to set for this? Please explain.

Thanks
Krishnakant
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi,
    -If we build the system via API, how will we do the testing? Will Zerodha provide some testing platform for testing?
    You will have to try in the off-market hours or place an order with the account balance 0. But make sure you don't bombard with too many order place requests with less margin because RMS might tag your app as the spam.
    We don't have a sandbox environment. We are waiting for the APIs from our OMS vendor.
    -Security search will be like the actual system through the APIs. E.g. If I am searching Infosys and type In then the relevant option should come to select from like in the actual system. Please confirm.
    Kite Connect provides an instrument master dump which contains the list of all the instruments traded for the day. You need to implement the search at your end.

-Once the order is executed in Zerodha which was placed through our system via triggers, will we get any notification email/sms in that case?
    Kite Connect provides postbacks and order updates via websockets which can be used as notification for the orders placed.
  • sujith
    -Multiple account support - We have 3 accounts with Zerodha, can we trade via any of the 3 accounts after developing our own system? What configuration parameters we need to set for this? Please explain.
    You will have to create 3 Kite Connect apps for using it with three client id. Kite Connect is provided only for individual users.