Is human interaction, approval necessary for all the algo generated orders? Or algo can trade alone?

rajagopal1978
Hi,
I want to write a algo, that buy the share XYZ at price below Rs.500 and that should sell when the price reached above Rs.510 like this simple to some complex multileg F&O startegies .

Here my question is when the price reached below 500 and my algo shall send the order without any human interaction, i.e fully automated or else I should open a popup to confirm the order by me or some one, then only I should send the order. If fullly automated trading is accepted, please give if any limitation to number of orders in a time frame.

Is fully automated trading is approved in NSE and BSE by retail traders.

Algo: A simple program written in

KInd Regards
Rajagopal Jeyaraman
  • y_sravan
    you need to login, while initializing kiite object. after that you can place or close the orders through code
  • rajagopal1978
    Great! Thank You. I understand, after buying kite connect api, after login and geting access token, and by using the access token I can place or close order through code without any human interaction and based on the logic defined in the algo. Please confirm my understanding.

I read some artical by google (i.e https://www.quora.com/Is-Algorithmic-Trading-possible-in-Indian-stock-market-If-yes-what-service-API-is-available-to-get-started), fully automated trading is not allowed in NSE/BSE and single point interaction in necssary. After googling about automated trading in India, I got lot and lot of confussion, there was no concrete answers.

My humble request is that Zerodha should give clear definition of Algo Trading in NSE/BSE with sample coding and close/open/cancel order frequencies for retail investors. If any web link avialbe about automated trading by authorized brokers (Zerodha) or NSE/BSE websites, please post it.
  • sujith
    We are just technical guys here. We are not aware of compliance stuff. You can write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com to speak to someone from the compliance team.