Why is order placement taking time?

aap5997
aap5997 edited March 2020 in Python client
Normally when my system places an order for a lot of nifty options, they get placed immediately. But today, order placement is taking a lot of time. It is taking 40 seconds and more to place orders. Not just orders, even when requesting for access token, it took more time than it generally takes, took nearly a minute today to return the access token.
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited March 2020
    @aap5997
    We just re-checked response time for a few of the APIs, and it's working fine. For us, generating access_token token were fast as usual.
  • aap5997
    @rakeshr But whenever my system generated a buy signal, the order was placed at least 40 seconds later. I am not talking about order completion. Why this delay. Normally as soon as the buy signal is generated, the order is placed immediately.
  • rakeshr
    @aap5997
    We haven't encountered any API response delay at our end. Maybe you can debug your order for the delay regarding order placement.
  • rakeshr
    @aap5997
    We haven't encountered any API response delay at our end. Maybe you can debug your order for the delay regarding order placement.
  • aap5997
    NIFTY50=kite.quote(['NSE:NIFTY 50'])
    print(NIFTY50)
    order_id =
    kite.place_order(variety=kite.VARIETY_REGULAR,tradingsymbol='VEDL',exchange=kite.EXCHANGE_NSE,transaction_type=kite.TRANSACTION_TYPE_BUY,quantity=1,order_type=kite.ORDER_TYPE_LIMIT,price=63,product=kite.PRODUCT_MIS,validity=kite.VALIDITY_DAY)

This is a 3 line code I wrote to check whether the problem is from your side. It is taking 20 seconds for the program to return the quote and another 15 seconds to place the order. And there are no bugs from my side since I have been using the same program before and there was no delay. @rakeshr
  • aap5997
    Tested 3 more times and it took a total of 30 seconds each time to place order. 15 secs to return the quote and 15 secs from there on to place order.
  • arunpanjala
    arunpanjala edited April 2020
    @rakeshr @aap5997
    I'm observing this today. Around 5-10 seconds delay in some orders (I placed around 20 orders till now and around 2-3 orders got delayed by 5-10 seconds)

I'm using .Net Kite DLL