Java client getOrder api throws KiteNoNetworkException

kcsomisetty
Hi,

The newly introduced api getOrder() is failing continuously (added in 1.3).
can you take a look ?

the order id i used is 161101000090839

- Krishna
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Yes there is some issue. I will release a patch soon.
  • sujith
    Use kiteconnect v1.4
  • kcsomisetty
    Dear zerodha team,

I appreciate your lightning fast turn around time,
    I really really appreciate zerodha's long term goal of making the trading platform a little more tech savvy by opening up APIs. But I am appalled with the execution model

It is unfair to developers that the official releases have basic things missing,
    Given the fact that I cant test my code outside of trading hours, and automated trading is my part time gig,
    I am taking leave on my regular day job to develop my trading app and the go-to-live date for my app is not looking good so far.

Essentially, I am paying zerodha to test zerodha's platform. This does not look professional.
    I am aware that zerodha is coming up with sandbox platform but until then this trend will continue.

Does zerodha has any plan to reward people finding bugs in your releases ?
    This way, developer community will not feel sore about finding bugs in official releases.

Will integrate the new release and will try it out.
  • sujith
    Hello @kcsomisetty
    We regret the inconvenience caused due to the previous version being buggy. It was a fundamental mistake of pushing out an update without exhaustive testing, and we assure you that we will try not to repeat it again.
  • kcsomisetty
    kcsomisetty edited November 2016
    Thanks @sujith for the ack :)
    hope things stabilize
This discussion has been closed.