kiteconnect.exceptions.InputException: Order cannot be modified as it is being processed. Try later.

sauravkedia
Hi,
I am getting too many of these Error 400: kiteconnect.exceptions.InputException: Order cannot be modified as it is being processed. Try later.

1. Can you suggest why I am getting these?
2. If I am rapidly modifying orders, am I likely to get these orders.
3. Even if I am rapidly modifying orders, then the only issue I should be facing is Rate limit error. Why this?
4. Once I get a response on Order modification through API, then is the processing of that modification complete at your end, or are you just give a SUCCESS return while you are processing the request at your end. The question is is the lifecycle of order modification request complete once I get a response on API or can continue after that.
5. If this is because of rapid modification of orders, then what is minimum time between two orders?

Regards
Saurav

• sujith
    This is because you are trying to modify an order which is not in open or trigger pending status.
    You are trying to modify an order which is already undergoing the process of modification.
    A 200 status code for order modification means the request for modification is placed successful and not the modification itself.
    You can pull order history and check the status before making the request.