Issue with Trading Symbol name

mohitsaxena33
Hi Team,

I am facing issue with Trading Symbol name, I am under impression that the trading symbol we received in Instrument API is unique and global and it will not change throughout the lifetime until unless this stock will not closed or die.

So, Initially in Dec 2019, i import all data from Kite to my DB. and found same trading symbol for both NSE and BSE stocks. Below is given screenshot:

Later on yesterday was accessing Kite InstrumentQuote API and got some issue with m1y trading symbol and i got to know that these trading symbol got changed. below is the latest screenshot of result of Instrument API.

there are some other stocks also which has same issue.
Please let me know how this can be possible.?
Please help.

Tagged:
  • enliyo
    Tradingsymbols are unique for specific exchange only. So that is what you see in your screenshots. Two exchanges can have same symbol.
  • mohitsaxena33
    Yes, but if you see the second screenshot tradingsymbol name is changed. Why this is happening .?
  • sujith
    This is because the stock is moved from EQ series to the T2T segment which means, only delivery trades are allowed for the non-EQ categories.
    When exchanges suspect speculation or some irregularities in stock then to curb the liquidity it is moved to the T2T segment.
    You can know more here.

After some time exchange will move it back to the EQ segment wherein normal intraday trades are allowed.
  • mohitsaxena33
    @sujith thanks for the information, so this is possibility that the instrument_token and exchange_token also changed for the same Stock right.?

Also we need to keep this updated everytime by hitting Instrument API.... Correct.?
  • sujith
    You may use the combination of tradingsymbol and exchange as the key.
    The exchange will not change but instrument token may change but changing instrument token for EQ is rare but when it is moved to the T2T segment it does change.
  • sujith
    You need to fetch instruments master every day once and cache it at your end.