Why is there a large price difference between Kite API quotes and Pi quotes?

anupshinde
For example, the websockets via Kite API is showing Nifty16novFut at 8204, while Pi is showing 8225 at the same time. That is a 20 point difference. Once can also verify with Kite app (with a different user's account ofcourse)

Similarly the market depth has different quotes with the same 20 point difference.

It felt like I am dealing with 2 different markets.
Also it is hard to figure out which one is leading and which one is following. What should be considered as the correct quote?

EDIT: The difference in quotes also keeps expanding or collapsing... i.e. its not constant

EDIT2: I compared the quotes with Google Finance, and it seems to match closely with Kite API. Why are Pi quotes so absurdly delayed or different? This happens with the NIFTY50 quote too.
  • anupshinde
    @sujith The link doesn't answer my question.
    And a 20 point difference in something like Nifty Futures is a problem with the platform or feed. Note that it stayed that way consistently for many minutes (more than 10 minutes), repeating mismatches for the entire trading day. It can't happen because of a tick-data problem. On a funnier note - It was like I buy on Kite and sell on Pi to make a guaranteed profit - who knows, it might have worked.

Having said that, I observed it on the Trump day because Kite server crashed many times. And might have been due to the exceptional load on that day.
  • sujith
    Hi @anupshinde,

We had issues that day, it is possible that has happened. Do you see huge difference today also?