Orders frequently getting stuck in "validation pending" state

tcoZE004
Today again incurred big loss due to Zerodha platform issue. Order stuck in "validation pending" state for almost half minute, and could not even cancel it!! Zerodha do you even understand importance of time in trading? Who's responsible for my loss?

• sujith
    This forum is dedicated only to Kite Connect related queries. Please write to support for other platform related queries.
  • tcoZE004
    Well this issue occurred from Kite Connect only, these orders were placed via your Kite connect APIs
  • tcoZE004
    above screenshot i later took from kite portal to see what happened in background,
  • sujith
    Can you private message the api_key? We will check and get back to you.
  • tcoZE004
    sent you the api key, please let me know why this order went wrong with loss
  • tcoZE004
    order ids- 200702000206468 and 200702000206702
  • trade_then
    Yaa this is very usual affair with orders especially with early morning hours from
    • 9:15 A.M. to 9:20 A.M.
    • sometimes when market is volatile.
    • sometimes it is RMS/OMS other-times its NSE with its order limits.
    • when strategy is working on very close tick distance.
    all in all system is geared towards failing the trader.

I am saying this again. Tell Nitin to open up his own Zerodha stock exchange.
    otherwise there is no reliable solution to this.

Thanks
    Regards
  • tcoZE004
    tcoZE004 edited July 2020
    @sujith - any update on this issue? do we know reason why order dealyed for half minute?
  • themohammedfaisal
    themohammedfaisal edited July 2020
    @tcoZE004,
    This has significantly reduced ever since we added a new data center to our system recently. While you might still see delays of 3-5 seconds during market opening, I assure you this will be fixed in the coming days too.

Concerning the NSE order limits, are you talking about the order rejection outside of execution range?
  • tcoZE004
    @themohammedfaisal
    The delay for these orders was almost half minute, and not 3-4 seconds as you mentioned. Even 3-4 seconds are enough to cause some loss, and half minute is enough to almost bankrupt a trader on bad day.

Can you let me know what specifically went wrong with these 2 trades causing half minute delay?
  • trade_then
    trade_then edited July 2020
    @themohammedfaisal
    I think NSE Order limits is directed at me!
    By NSE Order limits

i meant number of orders NSE can handle per second.
    Wikipedia

Thanks
    Regards
  • sujith
    sujith edited July 2020
    @tcoZE004,
    Kite Connect is not meant for HFT. We strongly recommend not to use it, if your strategy is time-based, latency based.
    In order to do HFT, you need to have a set up at NSE which will cost you around 18 lakh+ per annum. If you are interested, you can drop an email at kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com and someone from the business team will connect with you.

Usually, during the market opening, there will be tens of thousands of orders per second punched by the users. The exchange lease lines have a maximum cap for the number of messages per second. Your order might be stuck in the queue. We have been doing everything in our capacity to keep improving the throughput to the exchange by adding more lease lines or whatever other means. If your strategy can't handle this kind of situation then we recommend not using Kite Connect and go for colo set up as mentioned above.