Getting error : Invalid session credentials

amitsingh
Dear Team,

I am trying to get access token by posting api_key,request_token & secrete key to the url https://api.kite.trade/session/token, but getting below error

{"status": "error", "message": "Invalid session credentials", "error_type": "TokenException"}

Unable to understand exact issue.

I am taking help of https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#version-and-api-endpoint and doing all the steps as mentioned.

I am new for Kite development, So please help me for above issue.

Thanks
  • sujith
    Hi @amitsingh,

You need to open this url https://kite.trade/connect/login?api_key=(api_key) and enter credentials, after successful login, you will be redirected to registered redirect url with request token. Use that request url for making api calls.
  • amitsingh
    hi sujith,
    I have trying this method but same issue ......

{"status": "error", "message": "Invalid session credentials", "error_type": "TokenException"}
  • sujith
    Hi @amitsingh,
    Checkout this webinar, it has a demo of login process
  • amitsingh
    Dear Team,

Kite Connect Web Browser

This library comes with a Web Browser control that will be used to Login and the Request token is automatically set.
    I have generate check sum online (HMAC sha-256 ) the api_key+ request token and api_secret to post url simple html file.
    but response is not successfully.

please help me......

thanks
  • botany02
    @amitsingh
    Are You Posting Api_Key, Request_token & Checksum...? or only posting checksum...?
  • amitsingh
    Api_Key, Request_token & Checksum.
  • botany02
    @amitsingh

You should generate request_token and Post it in the same session.

You are generating the request_token in web control (Session1)
    & Posting it in your web browser (session2)

You can simply call the GetAccessToken method in the library to get access_token

• amitsingh
    Dear Team,
    I have run the sample kite app run the visual studio13 .net framework 4.0 and login succesfuliy and get access
    token but download historical data and download instument not properly. I am able to establish connection however I don't see any option to get Historic data. The .net wrapper as functions is available for all the Kite APIs except Historical Data. Am I missing something or that is not implemented at all?

If that is not available when is the plan to add it? As without the historical data no strategy can be implemented

please help me...

thanks
  • amitsingh
    Dear Team,

Good Library @chaudhariapurva Thanks.
    I was able to use it and its working perfectly fine.
    I noticed that it doesn't have many things implemented yet which are in KiteDotNet like Login Status, Login Response, Access Token Status, Instrument Download Status and many such get/set properties.

Do you have any plans of implementing these features?

Thanks,
  • amitsingh
    Dear Team,

I have kite core sample code run in visual studio .
    but i am getting this error System.ApplicationException

{"kite api error TokenExceptionstatusForbidden"}

pls help me.....

thanks