Automatically getting request token

Mohit
Hi,

Is there any way possible to generate the request token automatically ?

Currently I have to login in my account and generate the request token manually.

I know there are exchanges regulations and approval required. I am willing to go for those approvals.

Additionally, what is the life time of a request token ? For example, if i generate the request token today, can I use the same token next day if my system remains logged in?

I have experienced that the public key for websocket can be used for multiple days but have not seen the same case for access token.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mohit
  • sujith
    Hi Mohit,
    Login automation is not allowed by exchange. So we don't allow users to automate fetching request token.
    Request token is valid for 5 minutes.
  • Mohit
    Hi Sujith,

Thanks for the quick answer!

I just want to know if I have logged in into the system using a request token, can I use it to send orders next day if my systems remains logged in overnight?

And secondly, How can I get the exchange approval to generate the request token automatically. Does Zerodha assist in it ?

Regards,
    Mohit
  • sujith
    Hi Mohit,

Request token is valid only for 5 minutes.
    Access tokens are flushed every morning, So you have to login everyday.

Regarding exchange permission, please email to [email protected]
  • Matti
    @Mohit , at this time the exchanges wouldn't be open to allow retail traders to automate.
  • Mohit
    @Nikhil.A

What are the requirements to become a professional/institutional trade by exchange in this regard ?

I need to run my code daily without requirement of a manual daily login . How can I achieve it ?

• sujith
    Hi Mohit,

Please email to [email protected]