Timestamp for tick data

ishwarm
Hi,
Currently, the timestamp for the tick is not sent. Can this also be sent along with the tick data?
This would enable us to build candles from the tick data which match the candles in Kite.
Thanks,
Ishwar.
  • sujith
    Hi @ishwarm,
    It can never match, kite candles and kite ticker have different data sources.
    Checkout https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/comment/2739/#Comment_2739
  • fury1984
    @sujith i thought kite api and kitefront both have the same datasource. And I believe this has been confirmed by @Kailash as well. Is this not true? I have been reconstructing minute candles from websocket data but the data often doesn't exactly match with what I get from Kite Historical API at the EOD. The reason is that a tick or two gets transferred to the next minute while reconstructing while those would have been part of the current minute in Kite Historical API (because of latency). I have seen different results with historical vs websockets execution of the same strategy and that's when I explored why. Adding the timestamp to the tick would resolve these issues.
  • sujith
    Hi @fury1984,
    You are right, Kite front and Kite Connect use same data. But historical data's source and Kite ticker's source are different. It cannot match exactly. We will consider your request about adding time stamp to ticker.
  • puneethmeister
    Hello @sujith

do we have any progress on adding timestamp yet?
  • sujith
    @puneethmeister,
    We have frozen development of new features till we complete revamp of core APIs.
    We will add this in future.