Money automatically deducted from account for renewal of kite connect.

v_akshay
v_akshay edited August 2020 in General
Hi,

I had no plan to renew my kite connect account this month, but it automatically got renewed today and my money has been deducted.

I would have manually cancelled my subscription for this month, but after receiving multiple mails from Zerodha, which said

"The following subscriptions of your app AppName are expiring soon. Please make sure you renew them on time for uninterrupted service."

I thought it was clear that I had to manually renew it, these are the mails that really confused me into not cancelling the subscription manually. Why it doesn't state that in case you don't cancel the subscription manually, it will get automatically renewed, what the mail says is totally opposite to what the policy is, is it to confuse the customers on purpose?

Please let me know if you can process refund for this, I have cancelled my subscriptions as soon as I received the mails.
  • sujith
    One has to un-link Zerodha client id from the billing section if you don't intend to renew the app.
    You can do that and write to kiteconnect(at)zerodhal.com for payment related queries. Someone from the team will get back to you.