Kite order API execution speed

jasprem
Hi,

Today, I placed an order at 13:15:02 and it took 4 seconds to complete. The status at this time was VALIDATION PENDING. And it took 4 seconds for the order to change the status to OPEN PENDING. It seems like your RMS is what is causing the delay. This is unacceptable. On expiry day, the price of the option with high gamma has already moved quite a lot in 4 seconds.

For example, the price of NIFTY20AUG11500PE was 4.5 at 13:15:02 and it has moved to 4.9 at 13:15:06 and that is a 8.9% move!
I don't have the tick level data for NIFTY20AUG11550PE. This had even more gamma.

I have attached the order history screenshot for the same.

I would like to know if anyone else notice these kind of delays on expiry day. My expectations are that the order execution will be approximately around 1s. That's not even much. I am not even expecting millisecond order execution speed. I hope you guys have an answer for this!

• sujith
    @jasprem,
    Kite Connect APIs are not suitable for HFT. We recommend not to use Kite Connect for latency based strategies. If you want to deal with time-based strategies, we recommend you to go for a colo-setup, wherein your system will be inside the NSE premises. The setup costs you upwards 18 lakhs per annum.
    You can write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com, if you are interested.
  • jasprem
    @sujith

Thanks for your reply. I am not using any HFT strategies. It is just a normal strategy that takes advantage of bull and bear traps on expiry day.

In any case, 4 seconds for order validation is not normal. Or is it? I just need to know if you guys have any number like 95th or 99th percentile is less than 1 second or something like that. If I know, then I can adjust my strategy accordingly.

Thank you.