Reading multiple stocks in one candle API call

sameer
sameer edited December 2016 in General
Due to restriction of 3req/sec, Please provide API where we can give list of instruments tokens and we get last 2 candles(2 becauze second candle will be partially filled current candle and first candle will be last full candle) for all those instruments in ONE CANDLE API CALL.

This is very important as reading 200 stocks takes using candle API takes 3-4 minutes and this affects program.

I had requested this > 1 months before. Constructing minute candle from streaming has its own problems due to network delays (I had already mentioned on how constructing candles from streaming is error-prone in another post)

Request you to provide this with high priority.
  • pivottrading.net
    pivottrading.net edited December 2016
    Even, I would request that. Currently, I do this with help of google finance API. But, google does not provide the functions for Futures Data.

If you can publish Futures/Instruments data for 20-50 scrips in one single shot, it would be of great help.
    Even if it is delayed by 5-30 seconds, its ok. We are no HFT. So, delay of 5-30 seconds is acceptable if we can get all the scrips information in one single API call.

Streaming API is excellent, but i think they are more beneficial for people making actual Trading or Broking softwares. For algo players like us, we need to scan list of scrips and if we can get bunch of data in one single shot, nothing like it. Inspite of Kite connect API, i take equity cash data for scanning from google finance API, because hitting Kite server for so many scrips will take good time and delay the algo execution.

Just a suggestion. Do consider.

Thanks,
    Sourabh.
  • sameer
    @sujith @Kailash @nithin Any plans to provide it ... I guess it would really be useful for members
  • sujith
    Hi @sameer, @pivottrading.net,
    We are planning to provide something like this, but we cannot guarantee timeline.
  • menaveenn
    @pivottrading.net Yes bro I was using google finance api to get minute data .But you cant use this api frequently because google will block your network IP.

Regards,
    Naveen