Option Chain Data

iinfi1
Hello,
I am new here and bit new to coding too. If I subscribe to zerodha kite connect (which I think costs Rs. 2000 per month), will I be able to pull option chain data dump every 15 mins or so?
Basically I am looking for a single json like file which will give me a point in time snapshot of LTP, bid/ask, OI, COI, IV for all strikes of an underlying.
  • rakeshr
    No, we don't have an inbuilt option chain in Websocket streaming. You will have to build this at your end. This thread might help. If you are using a Python client, maybe you can try this open-source package.
  • iinfi1
    Thank you.
    One additional question if it's within your scope to answer. Does the open source package which you suggested pull in point in time snapshot of the OC?
  • rakeshr
    Does the open-source package which you suggested pull in point in time snapshot of the OC?
    It streams option chain data. If you are just looking for a snapshot, you can maybe just disconnect stream after reading the intial option chain data.
  • iinfi1
    Thank you. Do you know how I can subscribe to Kite connect, and whether I can pay 2k and use it as a trial for one month and discontinue if it doesn't work for me?
  • rakeshr
    Do you know how I can subscribe to Kite connect, and whether I can pay 2k and use it as a trial for one month and discontinue if it doesn't work for me?
    Yes
  • iinfi1
    thank you
This discussion has been closed.