OHLC at Minute-Level Data

aksh
Hi,

I am currently using web sockets to stream market data. However, I noticed a drawback of the web sockets data.

When stop losses are triggered, the high or low at that very second or millisecond is not captured in the web sockets data. As an example, on April 13, 2021, Nifty April Futures made a low of 14304.1 between 9:20 and 9:21 AM. As this happened in a millisecond, this was not captured in the web sockets data.

I use highs and lows at a minute level in my trading strategies. If the highs and lows are not accurately captured using web sockets data, my trading strategies may result in inaccurate signals.

Is there an alternative to get the accurate real-time OHLC at a minute level?

thanks and regards,
  • sujith
    @aksh,
    It is not possible for any trading platform to capture all the ticks. Out of hundreds, one can only get 1 or 2 ticks in a second over the internet. You can know more about this thread here.

You can get a colo setup at the exchange for tick by tick data. It will cost upwards of 18 lakhs per annum.
    You can email kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com if you are interested.
  • aksh
    Hi Sujith,
    I understand the limitations of ticks data, which is why I asked about any other feasible alternative.

I am individual trader and not an FII or DII to set up colo at the exchange.

I am sure others may have faced a similar situation where they cannot get complete and accurate data using web sockets. With such a large developer community in this forum, I was trying to see what others may have done to counter this problem.

For subscribers of Kite Connect, is it not possible for Zerodha to provide access to minute-level OHLC through API? This data already exists with Zerodha, which feeds the charts. Can this data not be made available to the subscribers of Kite Connect through API?
  • sujith
    We do provide historical data, but it is only for backtesting purposes only. We recommend you generate candles at your end for live market strategies.
    You can get started here.