Unable to login in middle of session

Ntra
I am unable to login in middle of trading session again. I have extended the membership today morning.
  • Ntra
    Can you respond asap on this please? You need to provide phone no. for these issues.
  • sujith
    Can you let us know, where is the error? Is it while getting request token or while fetching access token?
  • Ntra
    First, I dont have any issue in login, in off-trading hours, so my code is definitely correct.

Today morning between 9:30 to 10:30, I setup my desktop in following configuration.
    1. Three tabs open with kite3.zerodha.com in Chrome. One with 4 charts. Second for orders and third for positions/trade.
    2. I also have python strategy running in a another dos prompt.
    3. My machine is dual core, 8Gb ram, windows 7 machine. So fairly high-end machine. This much load should not be problem at all.

I started seeing random failures and multiple behaviors,
    1. kite.trade login was intermittently not working with invalid token error. At one point of time, I also saw python not working!! and then another occassion when Websocket not started error, I don't even have Websocket started in my code!!
    2. Then even more strange things, my computer started crashing, after typing anything in chrome URL line or intermittently with blue screen.
    3. I restarted my machine 2-3 times and re-setup but that did not help.
    4. I also tried with firefox, but firefox as well as chrome started throwing "Aww!! snap" errors, suggesting cache cleanup etc. which I did but nothing helped.

Just note, I am running my machine for about 3 hours now, before writing this up and have also tried login and generated kite transactions in off-trading hours. I dont see any issue now.

Clearly this is a load handling problem with your servers. I also ran into same issue when nifty tanked over 400 points yesterday .. Kite froze and by the time it revived, I was sitting on a big loss.

You need to create a reliable solution where what you offer works without any issues. A trading platform without reliability will be very difficult to engage with.
  • Ntra
    With this finally, I had to give up, so two days wasted straight, because platform does not work as promised
  • Ntra
    Ntra edited December 2017
    Also, just note all of this happened after I had to restart my machine after one power failure .. Don't know if that helps ...
  • Ntra
    I am again unable to login in trading hours with invalid token error, what is the point of these apis, if these don't work in trading hours?

Please call me so that I can show you what is happening here.
  • tonystark
    Hi @Ntra,

Do you face the same issue if you just use the kiteconnect APIs and not the web app?
  • Ntra
    I tried kite.api and kite.zerodha from different machines today just to eliminate possibility of more load on single machine.. I still faced this issue in the early part of the day today .. But things started working after 9:30 a.m. .. I was using both kite.trade and kite.zerodha on same machine in later part of the day. I am very sure it is server load issue ..