Quotes not streaming in

GasTurbGuy
For some reason price data doesn't seem to be flowing in today. I was working in the morning before market open but right now it's no longer working. I checked if the symbols have been downloaded, and it says that they've been downloaded.

Anybody else having this issue? Does it have anything to do the new Connect3 release?

Screenshot of the market watch sheet is attached. I haven't subscribed to a demat account so equity quotes are not available to me.
  • botany02
    @GasTurbGuy
    Try running the Excel as Admin.
    Not sure whether the Kite3.0 will break KiteXL or not, right now we are not involved in KiteXL.
    As per the Kite Team, the default version is still 1.0 and have given time to port, so ideally it should work.We are working on the new release. Hopefully new version will be much better and fast than the current KiteXL.
  • sujith
    Hi,
    This is not related to Kite Connect 3 release, maybe @botany02 can help you with it.
  • botany02
    What a coincidence !!!
  • GasTurbGuy
    GasTurbGuy edited January 2018
    Thanks for replying guys. Still no luck though.

I tried running Excel as admin and even downloaded a fresh copy of KiteXL from the website. Nothing works.

I understand there is little sense in debugging something that is going to be replaced in a week or two, so I just want to request you guys to please release the new version at the earliest.

@botany02, would it be possible for me to receive a alpha/pre-beta copy of the new KiteXL? I don't want to trade off the excel sheet, I just need to download price data into excel for processing trade related decisions. Thanks!
  • GasTurbGuy
    GasTurbGuy edited January 2018
    -------Issue Fixed-------

Alright, so apparently the issue was due to me setting the Application.RTD.ThrottleInterval to a value of 5000 (5 secs).

However, the if I set the parameter to 0 once, and then go back to the setting of 5000 there seems to be no issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now, people are probably thinking 'Which dumbass changes the setting to refresh the data once every 5 secs instead of as and when a new tick is available???'.

The reason is: I'm a guy who trades on option contracts, and I scalp arbitrage opportunities. To identify any such pricing mismatches, I have an extensive options pricing model built in Excel which calculates the implied volatility across 70-100 different contracts using a Newton-Ralphson method. The problem is that when prices keep changing, the iterations never converge and my processor is always maxed out trying to keep up with the constantly changing data. Hence, I'd like the data to be refreshed once every 5 secs.

I understand that not everyone needs this. But it would be nice if this change did not stop the data from flowing in.

@botany02, could you please take note of this issue and do something about this in the newer versions coming out? Otherwise thanks for all the help!
  • GasTurbGuy
    Hey can one of the mods (@sujith ? ) mark this post as 'Fixed'?
This discussion has been closed.