How do I map the instrument token number with the ISIN number of the stocks?

ayush
Is there a function to get the ISIN number of a given instrument token?
  • sujith
    Hi @ayush,
    We will announce a new endpoint for instruments dump soon which will contain ISIN.
  • Kousik
    Are there any automated way to fetch the instrument tokens for ETFs alone?
  • sujith
    @Kousik,
    The file we get from exchange doesn't contain any flag for ETFs, you will have to create a map at your end.
    The instrument data for ETF is served exactly like equity.
  • Kousik
    @sujith How can we get the ISIN numbers of the instruments? Why are the securities not identified by their ISINs in the NSE.csv. Isn't ISIN the unique and reliable identifier?
  • sujith
    @Kousik,
    We will add ISIN to the instrument dump. Kite Connect is a trading platform, ISIN is the unique identifier for that security. Users can trade the same security on NSE or BSE. Hence it is necessary to have a unique identifier for each instrument that is being traded for the day and hence instrument_token.
  • mohit77bansal
    Hi,
    is the ISIN Number added in the dump?
  • sujith
    We have this on our list. We will add it in future.
  • maha
    Hello Sujith,

Is the ISIN now number available in the instrument data? I was unable to find it in the 'instruments' data dump but I may not be doing it right. Please let me know. Thanks
  • sujith
    It is not available yet. We are working on providing ISIN in the instrument dump.
  • maha
    Thank you Sujith. One more question. Which API is the right one to access Bond prices? I downloaded the 'instruments' file but it only seemed to have stocks and currency data and I'm looking for bond price data.
  • sujith
    Hi @maha,
    The instrument file has the instruments that are being traded for the day on NSE, BSE and MCX exchanges. It includes some bonds which are traded on NSE and BSE.
    Can you give an example ISIN? I will check and get back to you.
  • maha
    Hi Sujith,
    I downloaded the ‘instruments’ file as of 27/09 and found that they only have 4 ‘types’ – EQ, CE, PE and FUT – none of these appear to be bonds.
    Some of the bonds which were traded that day had the following ISIN numbers - INE020B07IZ5, INE001A07NH5, INE205A07139, INE306N07KA2, INE528G08394.
    I could not find any of these on your ‘instruments’ file. Please could you look into and let me know where can I find price data for traded bonds.
    Also, the first 3 columns in the instrument file are ‘instrument_token’, ‘exchange_token’ and ‘tradingsymbol’ – are these Zerodha identifiers or are they NSE/ BSE identifiers? Either way, is there some way I can map these to the ISIN number? Please advise.
  • sujith
    sujith edited September 2018
    Hi @maha,
    Kite Connect does support this. The instrument master file doesn't have ISIN yet. We working on adding ISIN to the instrument file.
    You need to search with tradingsymbol in the instrument file to find the instrument.

For example,
    INE528G08394 instrument's issuer name as per BSE is YBL-9%-PERPETUAL-PVT.

You can find the corresponding row in the instrument file which looks like this,
    245011204,957075,9YBLPER,YBL-9%-PERPETUAL-PVT,0.0,,0.0,0.01,1,EQ,BSE,BSE
  • maha
    Thank you Sujith!
This discussion has been closed.