Order Modification

kartik.trade
Sir,

as per strategy, We are modifying order at every 5-15 seconds. we got call from zerodha that we can not modify that much order.
i want to know what kind of restriction on order modification.
Also Let us know order placing and cancellation restriction per second through api.
  • sujith
    sujith edited February 2018
    A couple of hundreds of order modification is fine. But if you do it more then it triggers RMS since the risk is computed for every modification. If your strategy involves modifying order every 5-15 seconds then you need to re-think your strategy.

You can place or cancel up to 5 orders per second.
  • trade_then
    @sujith
    My apologies in advance I don't intend to be hurtful. But there is nothing wrong with a strategy that updates it`s orders so frequently. Perhaps the user in day-trading wants to move with ticks and when many scrip's are involved, naturally 5 orders per second limit will be crossed. because algo will be firing orders automatically. 5 orders per second is to puny.

It is just that your system is in its infancy and unable to cater to the ping/thrashing, average user ( including me ) wants to put it to. May be in near future you put some more multicore servers. to appease the appetite of being exotic with our strategies.

Thanks
    Regards

• botany02
    botany02 edited February 2018
    @trade_then
    Modifying a order for every 'X' ticks is not a good practice.
    This is like misusing the resources, leave the kite capacity part.
    If you have hundreds of orders and modifying each order like that, surely you are killing your system as well as the API Server.
    The best practice is 'Place a initial stoploss order and trail the stoploss price virtually within the system and do the final modification (Market) once the price hits your trail stoploss', this way you can monitor n number of orders without any limitation and can trail for even 1 tick.