Logged out involuntarily

bluenile
Hi - There was some unusual behaviour today (Feb 9th 2018). I was logged out of Kite and the API connectivity on my running program was also disconnected. This happened at 9:15:08

I had to generate new access taken, re-login, & restart the program. Can you please help me understand what happened & how this could be avoided in future. The previous access token was generated at around 8:45, so unclear about the situation.
  • sujith
    Hi @bluenile,
    There was an issue at OMS today and because of that, all the access tokens were flushed. It should be fine now.
  • razcads
    @sujith there needs to be some kind of message that is sent to all subscribers on their mobile that such a flush has happened. We get sms when margin exceeds available funds, similarly should get for such events as well. Cant this be arranged? I am sure everyone here who uses apis will need these.
  • sujith
    @razcads,
    We did send the push notification, SMS, and the bulletin on Zerodha website is also updated.
  • bluenile
    Hi @sujith - the notification and SMS only talked about AMO orders not being placed. I'm sorry, a notification on AMO orders is not the same as flushing access tokens.

To be specific, I had generated my access token at around 8:45 am (as per your previous guidance of generating the token after 8:30 AM). I was at a loss to understand why my orders were failing after the market opened (I had no AMO orders to be clear).

It would be a good practice to let us know if and when access tokens are flushed & the time to re-generate the same.
  • sujith
    @bluenile,
    It was not manually flushed by anyone. The OMS process was restarted which resulted in the clearing of the exchange sessions at OMS and hence even though Kite session is valid, OMS session was invalid.
  • razcads
    @sujith the point remains as @bluenile indicated.. sending AMO orders not being placed notification is different - even i got that notification and didnt bother. You need to send text specifying that api sesssions have been invalidated and those using api will need to relogin. I am sure this wont be the last time this will happen. Can you please have this added to your support teams checklist so that they send out specific sms when this happens? This is a system wide impact that affects a lot of users so i dont see why this shouldnt be sent.